17 January 2011 ~ 6 Comments

My Thyroid Awareness Month video

My video to raise awareness for Thyroid Awareness Month

Sarah Downing – I am the face of thyroid disease

6 Responses to “My Thyroid Awareness Month video”

1. HD inOregon 19 January 2011 at 4:59 am Permalink

Hello Sarah,

Very nice video! So nice to see you “live” and in moving person.

May the January thyroid-awareness butterflies fly… and fly … and brighten up the sky … with new insights and hopefully one day a real cure (other than an ill-balanced pill a day)

Thanks so much for sharing,
    HD in Oregon

2. Sarah 19 January 2011 at 8:04 am Permalink

Thank you very much, HD!

Let us hope for a cure – one day at least! Failing that, let us hope for more doctors who listen and explore all possibilities.

Love,

Sarah

PS: The video itself is now featured on http://iamthefaceofthyroiddisease.org/.

3. Ang Thom 8 February 2011 at 5:01 pm Permalink

Hello Sarah!!!! Fabulous!!!! Just wonderful. Keep up this wonderful endeavor you have landed upon. I know it is small right now… but it will grow and you will touch lives beyond your dreams! It was great getting to see you my friend.. What a beautiful person you are inside and out. Very excited about Butterflies and Phoenixes!! Much love to ya dear… Angela <3

• Sarah Downing 8 February 2011 at 5:02 pm Permalink

Thank you very much, Ang. Your comment really touched me! I am grateful to all my friends for inspiring me to set up this site and I will be happy if I can help others by doing so.

Love,

Sarah

4. margaret 25 March 2012 at 9:56 am Permalink

sarah i feel the same as you till i new i had hypertyroid diaese i didnt understand why i could not lose this weight now that they have it in control maybe i can fit into my cloths again very depressing thanks for your story other people need to get educated on this disese

• Sarah Downing 25 March 2012 at 10:23 am Permalink

Hi Margaret,

I am happy to share my story if it helps others because so many of us go through this hell, so it helps us to know that we are not alone. How are you doing now that you have been diagnosed and are on medication?

Cheers,